Sign in to follow this  
Maelas

Twitch/Mixer/Facebook/Youtube Streaming

Hey guys,

Wanted to get input from everyone about some things I have been reading. 

In a nutshell, Im seeing that anyone starting out on twitch may as well keep it as only a hobby as making it a lucrative thing is nearly impossible and that twitch is just much too saturated.

I am reading where small streamers who moved to other platforms such as Facebook have dramatically increased viewership and Im curious if anyone has made any similar moves. If not, just would like to know everyones general opinion about making such a move.

Thanks!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Maelas said:

Hey guys,

Wanted to get input from everyone about some things I have been reading. 

In a nutshell, Im seeing that anyone starting out on twitch may as well keep it as only a hobby as making it a lucrative thing is nearly impossible and that twitch is just much too saturated.

I am reading where small streamers who moved to other platforms such as Facebook have dramatically increased viewership and Im curious if anyone has made any similar moves. If not, just would like to know everyones general opinion about making such a move.

Thanks!

@Maelas , hey man! So yeah! I too have heard that. and to add onto that. I agree. I moved to mixer awhile back and my views within even a few weeks was just as many and just as many followers as I had on Twitch (Months and months of work). The mixer community is pretty great honestly. I have never streamed to Facebook, but yeah! Your a current twitch affiliate correct?

I am as well, on my Personal (HoldenRiot) account, however almost wish I didn't become an affiliate with Twitch so I could continue to use Restream.io (To stream to three platforms at once: Twitch, Mixer, youtube, or any 3 for that matter!). 

Actually Im  not even an affiliate. I was kinda curious what people think about the whole thing since I am seeing a lot of people talk about it. Im not really see many results on people jumping ship to facebook gaming but was hoping someone could provide insight so I can maybe do some sort of comparison.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maelas said:

Actually Im  not even an affiliate. I was kinda curious what people think about the whole thing since I am seeing a lot of people talk about it. Im not really see many results on people jumping ship to facebook gaming but was hoping someone could provide insight so I can maybe do some sort of comparison.

Sure thing! i personally haven't streamed to facebook. But yeah, I'd hold off on Twitch affiliate if I were you! and if you haven't already, definitely take a look at Restream.io !

On 5/3/2018 at 9:54 PM, HoldenRiot said:

Sure thing! i personally haven't streamed to facebook. But yeah, I'd hold off on Twitch affiliate if I were you! and if you haven't already, definitely take a look at Restream.io !

I sure do know Restream.io. I used it a few times in the past when I wanted to stream to Hitbox.. I will give Mixer/twitch a go and see what happens. I havent even looked at Mixer yet but I have a feeling I will have to set up channel panel and all that too. Shouldnt take too long though.

• Like 1