Sign in to follow this  
Maelas

Possible Name change

Sooooo, I have a question for the masses. On more than one occasion I will get someone in my stream who will say something snarky about the game or my stream and leave. I have been told a few times that I should change my stream name. I am hoping to get everyone else's points of view on this. As a viewer, would you watch a streamer who had the name "Maelas"? does the name really even matter to you? I have been back and forth about this. I have had the name for a long time but I am open to the idea of changing it.

Thanks!

I agree with @Cerwin8D  ! Who cares what others think about YOUR name. It's YOUR name. not theirs. I dig it. I think its unique. Shit, I get asked why I have Holden and Riot in my name. I have my reason for that, but at the same time I ask them in return, what does yours "mean" lol. Holden is my RL name. and Riot was my nickname in college. Primarily because my last name is pronounced like the baseball player Ryan Theriot... Hense the username "HoldenRiot". For years my old username was: "Hguitarrist"  H for my name, and misspelled Guitarist due to my lack of knowing how to spell but told people its because you play with your "wrist".. 

You username shouldn't matter. its your content that reflects who you are as a creator, not your username. If that were the case, famous people like: Armin Van Buuren and others with long/hard names wouldn't be where they are today for example :)  I say keep it, screw people who think otherwise! Hope this helps!

Thanks guys! The name doesnt mean anything really. The story is I tried one time to play D&D in the Army...The army of all places...Made a character drawing and created a name; Maelas. Didnt really get into it but kept the name.

• Like 1